Route Sales Representative
The Route Sales Representative is responsible for delivering clean linens, picking up soiled linen, managing customer inventory, meeting customer’s needs, and making additional sales.
Route Sales Representatives job responsibilities include:
- Ensure customer loyalty, retention and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads; pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts.
- Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations, and suspensions.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High School graduation or similar experience.