The Plant Manager is responsible for overall direction of Plant Operations. Performs other duties as required and reports to the General Manager.
- Provides overall direction to Plant Operations and makes changes in work methods and equipment to maximize labor efficiency.
- Leads, trains, and supervises the Production, Engineering, and Janitorial staff, as well as overall supervision of the Plant.
- Responsible for overseeing the purchasing of linens, garments and processing supplies.
- Consults with engineering, sales and service management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for execution of company production policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for setting standards in production, quality, housekeeping and safety.
- Responsible for creating and adherence to department budgets, as well as hiring, discipline and employee relations.
- Follows written and verbal instructions attends meetings, and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Have a minimum of two years of business management experience in a production environment with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and being a team player.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High school graduate or equivalency required.
Typical Physical Activity:
Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.